Monday, June 25, 2007

Another End of Year Teacher's Gift

This is the altered tin that I made for my daughter's other teacher for her end of year thank you gift. It's hard when you don't know someone out of school, but I thought I would make her a little tin to keep a note book in that she could perhaps keep on her desk. This was another tin that I got at Michaels in their finished tins section. Yeah, obviously I have no idea what the section is called, but it's where they keep they tin containers and other already finished items. Just cause it already finished, doesn't mean you have to leave it like that, though! lol I bought these when they were on sale for only $5 each. A screamin' deal! :) So, they already had a design on them, but I bought them to alter with patterned paper. :) The one I did tonight had a cafe motif on it. The one I used for my daughter's other teacher was also from this section, it was supposed to be used for a sugar canister. You can view that one here that I made a week ago.

For this tin, I went with the chocolate brown colour on the edges and top of the tin, so I chose to use my SU Au Chocolat double-sided designer series paper. I love this paper! I really should have bought more. It from from one of the past mini catty's from Stampin' Up! For the flowers I used my SU Looks Like Spring set and the coordinating SU Spring Bouquet punch for the small flower. Unfortunately, they still don't have a punch for the large flowers...I would absolutely jump for joy if they ended up coming out with one in the new catty for July...Oh the suspense! lol :)

Well, I'm all done this gift and have already posted it to my blog and it's only 12:30 am...much better than 2 am! So, I'm off to bed, gotta get some sleep as I didn't get any last night. :(

Thanks for stopping by! :)

4 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

New catty hint for you:

Picture au chocolat in real red - aka au cherise. Its gorgeous.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the tin!

and Shannon-can't wait to see that paper!!! *drooooool*

Tracy.H said...

The tin looks awesome!

Another tip for ya...There is a new punch that 'kinda' punches that big flower...just the outer edges. ;0)

Swamp Tulip said...

Great project. I love altering tins :)


Teresa