Friday, June 15, 2007

DND Family Days

We had the best afternoon today. We took the girls down to the Dockyard where they had set up a Pirate's Themed Carnival for the kids. Lots of entertainment...rides, petting zoo, jumping castles/pirate ships, trampolines, clowns making balloon characters, a tour on Theodore Tugboat, etc. Not sure if everyone's familiar with him, but he has his own TV show and is always a hit with my girls. They love to see him in person in our Halifax Harbour with his big red hat. Too cute!

Here are a bunch of pics from today's festivities.

Ah Pirates, Matey! A pirates theme this year with lots of ships stuff and pirates walking around. I wanted a pic with one of them with the girls, but they were too scared. He looked awesome, just like Johnny Depp out of Pirates of the Caribbean! Pretty cool!

Jim and the girls outside Theodore Too before our tour of him. Isn't he cute! The girls love his big red hat.

This is Captain, Alexandria. Don't ya just love the sunglasses! lol They had a lot of fun touring Theodore! Tallie set an alarm off, though...oops!

This one was their favourite. It's called the Gator (Alligator) roller coaster. They went on this one twice and had soooo much fun. Oh the smiles and laughs and screams coming out of them was priceless. So nice to see them so happy! That's one of our submarines in the background hoisted up out of the water, getting some work done to her.

Yeah, I didn't enjoy this one as much. The girls really wanted to go on the big ferris wheel and I'm a bit scared of heights. Of course it kept stopping with us at the very top, too! Great! The girls kept saying to me, "Look Mum, We're Really High!" I would reply, "Yes...I see that..." Wishing that I was on the ground! Oh well, they had a great time! :)

This is astronaut Alex in the front and Tallie in the back having a blast off! Lots of fun!

Here I am riding the Tip Top with the girls...I was nearly very embarrassed as we got to spinning really fast just before we got off and I nearly threw up! I think I would have lost it if I threw up getting off a children's ride! But, I maintained control!!! lol :)

This is Milo the Clown and Kitty the Clown making balloon characters for the girls. He made Alex a swan and Tallie a Nemo fish. It amazes me how they do all those twists and get something out of it and especially without breaking the balloon! lol :)

Tallie was very excited here to be able to feed this Mama goat some milk from a big bottle.

Tallie petting a miniature horse. These horses are just too cute and as soft as silk.

Here's another miniature horse with a new little baby. Ahh! :)
Sorry, I know that's a lot of pics, but I wanted to share our great day. :) Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

1 comment:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Hi Julie,

How are you? I just wanted to let you know that I'm not doing watermarks anymore... thanks for helping to promote my service while I was doing it, though. I do appreciate it!

Cindy