Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The happy mail keeps on coming!

WOW! Today, I received a total of 98 cards in the mail! 88 cards were from Nancy Elrick, our List Mom for the Yahoo Group that I'm a member of, CST (Canadian Stamp Talk). She's also a Stampin' Up! Demo and has very generously donated some cards she has made as well as some from swaps. Thanks so much, Nancy! They're all gorgeous! She included a lot of Xmas cards. I'm getting so many great ideas for Xmas cards for this year, I'm actually getting inspired to start them early! :)
Here's the box that I received from Nancy. Her cards came in a 'Switching Power Supply' box, my 5 year old daughter saw the box before I opened it and she asked me what it was. I joked with her and said, "I don't know, do you think it's a power box?" She didn't look very impressed that someone would be sending us a 'power box' and she said, "Humm, I don't know about that!" I opened it up and let her peek inside and she then said, "Holy Moses! That's a lot better than a power box!" Ah, I've got her trained early on the love of cards! lol :) Just thought I'd share that little funny story...

I also received 10 cards from Susan de Bree. These were also swap cards, so I won't post pics, just in case some one is hurt that their card has been passed on, although I'd be pleased if I knew one of my cards was going to such a great cause, you never know how others may feel. Thanks so much for your donation Susan, it's much appreciated! :)

My mailman is starting to wonder what's going on I think...lol :) That makes a total of 535 cards received to date! Woo Hoo! :)

Well, I have to go finish my gardening that I started earlier. I'm heading in to my crafty room tonight for a bit, I'll post my creation later. :) Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so glad that it was "better than a power box"!!!

Shannon Tompkins said...

Mine were in an expresspost envie to you yesterday so they should be in Dartmouth on Thursday - Friday at the latest. Hope you like them.