Saturday, June 23, 2007

Stampin' Up! party at Catherine's place

I had a great night on Thursday night, yes I'm a bit behind on my blog posts...but I really wanted to get that gardening done while the weather was co-operating. We've had so much rain lately, and cloudy days that it was great to see the sunshine! Thanks again to Catherine for having us over to her place or her Mum's place. She kindly offered her place as Catherine lives a 1/2 hour out of town, so it was easier for us all to attend. I had a great time. Always great to get together with everyone to stamp and try different techniques.

This is the first project that we did. We did a polished stone technique. Can you believe this was the first time that I've ever tried this technique! I've been meaning to, but just never got around to it! Well, I thought it was great and I'll definitely be using it more. It was really fun. I really like the way the card turned out. Looks like the butterfly is flying around in a gorgeous coloured sky. For the Almost Amethyst background layer we used the speckled stamp from the SU set, Itty Bitty Backgrounds. I use this one the most of the set of four in that set. It make s a nice subtle background. The word 'friendship' is from the SU set, Wonderful Words. I use this one a lot , too. The butterfly was from the SU set, On Gossamer Wings. For the background of the butterfly, this is where we did the polished stone effect. We used 4 drops of Pretty in Pink and 2 drops of Bashful Blue using re-inkers. We also added a couple of small drops of metallic silver. To do this technique, cut out a piece of felt approximately 2" x 2" square. Add a little but of rubbing alcohol to your felt, by holding the felt over the end of the bottom and turning it over quickly, as if you were going to clean a cut with it. Then, apply your drops of ink from your re-inker bottles and then keep dabbing the colour onto your glossy cardstock until you get the desired look. You can always add a bit more blue or pink, but if you add too much silver or blue, it tends to look a bit swampy, so play around with this and have fun! :)
This was our second project. It was a bit more time consuming, but a lot of fun. Isn't it a cute little purse? Yvonne already had the templates cut out for us for the purses, but we stamped the flowers and cut them out. The double-sided patterned paper is from SU Spring Flowers and co-ordinates with the flowers that are from the SU set, Looks Like Spring. For the smallest flower we used the SU punch, Spring Flower Bouquet. I have this one, too. But, I still soooo wish they would make a punch for the largest flower that we cut two out of here! Oh well, more scissor practice for me, I guess! lol :) I'm looking forward, I have another SU party to go to tomorrow afternoon at Charly's... my poor pocketbook! lol :) Ah, it'll be fun, though. It's with another Demo, though, I'm feeling a bit traderous, lol, but I'm just curious to see what sort of demo she does and see what ideas she brings to the table. That and I want to check out Charly's stamp room! lol :)

Well, I have to get some work done around the house so I can play with my stamps again tonight...thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

These look great! I love the polished stone too. :0) Have fun at the party tonight!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

great looking projects