Saturday, June 23, 2007

Autism Cards from Therese Malak

I received 9 cards in the mail yesterday from Therese Malak for the Autism project, thanks so much, Therese! Sorry I didn't post them yesterday, but I got busy with some gardening outside while the sun was actually shining! lol :) I know I've mentioned it several times before on my blog, but I have Therese to thank for getting my into stamping! We were posted up to Trenton, Ontario for 3 years with a military posting and I noticed that she was teaching classes at the M.F.R.C. (Military Family Resource Centre) on base, and I went to check it out. I was hooked on the spot and continued with as many of her monthly classes as I could attend. Therese is such a sweetheart and has a very kind soul. So, thank you so much for introducing this creative outlet to me! I love stamping so much, it's so relaxing and a hobby that I truly enjoy. The hours just fly by...there just needs to more time in the evenings to do it! lol :) You can check out Therese's blog here. She's a very talented gal and offers lots of inspiration and uses so many different techniques. She amazes me with all the papers that she makes...much more talented than me! lol :)

This is one of the cards that Therese sent to me, and I instantly fell in love with this design! It's amazing!! I am sooooo CAS'ing this one tonight! Well, I don't have the Future floor polish, but I'm gonna try a polished stone technique instead on the flower petals.

I copied the info below from Therese's blog to show you how she made this gorgeous card. Hope she doesn't mind, but this one is definitely worth sharing! :) I believe she did this one at the Stampin' Up! Stamp Camp that she attended, hosted by my old SU Demo, Catherine. Miss ya both!
"This wonderful card features a double flower which was painted with Future Floor wax and Pearl Ex - an interference purple and pearl white. Very neat!! We highlighted the stamping with a white gel pen and some Pearl Ex. The flower center is accented with three brads and the bow embellished with a double swirl clip. Love the look of Pearl Ex and though it was my first experience with it I am sure it will not be my last. The Future makes the Pearl Ex permanent once it is dry - sort of like creating your very own acrylic shimmer paint!!"
Therese

Therese also sent me a hand full of pretty yellow prima flowers to play with, thanks so much! I'll play with those soon! :)

So, that makes a total of 559 cards received to date! With still more on their way! I also got a very exciting email on Thursday...I won't share who it was from yet, but she's interested in sharing some cards...ok a lot of cards with us. In the hundreds! Can you imagine how excited I am! When they arrive, I'll post more info!!! I can't wait! Come on Mr. Canada Postman! lol :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments: