Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wedding card for Lisa and Denny


I discovered a blog today by Laurie Schmidlin of Just Give Me Stamps. Laurie does absolutely beautiful work. She inspired me to try to re-create one of her cards. Laurie did a much better job, though. I'm actually gonna tear my card apart and redo it, or at least redo the one for Lisa and Denny! Oh, to be so particular or fussy! I decided to use my clear acrylics from Michaels and ended up having Stayzon ink issues. Thick in some areas, thin in others, yup, gonna have to try this one again... lol Oh well. :)

I'm also not sure about the green flower punchies either...I'm thinking that they're gonna get ripped off over time and are just not a good plan for a card that I would like her to be able to hang on to for a while. Oh, decisions, decisions...

My hubby joked with me and said that I will probably end up making her a dozen cards before I get one that I'm happy with. The sad thing is that he's probably right!! So, back into my craft room tomorrow night to see how I can make some changes to this or perhaps I'll come up with a whole different card...we'll see! I just want to get it right as this is a special day. I've known Lisa since I was a little girl and she's one of the few people that I've kept in contact with over the years. I just want to make a card that's special for her. Oh, the pressure! lol :) I better hurry up, I only have a week and a half til the wedding! Anyway, stay tuned to see what I end up with!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

What a beautiful wedding card. Very nice.

Teresa

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should re-do this at all! I think it's beautiful!! I love how you added punched flowers to the card...and I love that saying!! Great card!

Diana Jiron Graff said...

Beautiful design! you did a great job on it!