Friday, August 24, 2007

Altered Masculine Paint Can

I altered this old paint can tonight for my hubby, Jim. He was using an old one covered in paint to hold something up on his desk and I thought he needed a fancier one...so "Altering Jules' took over! lol :)

I borrowed this stamp set from Kim for this purpose. Thanks again, Kim! Jim chuckled at his new paint can...I think he secretly likes it! Mission accomplished. I got to play and he gets something that makes his computer desk look nicer. lol :)

In an attempt to not ramble quite so badly, I'm gonna try to be more concise with my card recipes. Here goes...

Stamp set: Artifacts (SU)

Ink Colours: Brocade Blue, Old Olive, Really Rust and Chocolate Chip (All SU)

Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers - Boho Chic Fancy Free -Urban Window Collection (This paper is double-sided so both patterns are actually from the same sheet.)

Adhesive: Terrifically Tacky Tape by Provo Craft & Art Accents. This is wonderful stuff. I use it for all my altered projects...a bit more expensive, but you'll be sure your paper stays put! And, yes, I used nearly a whole roll of it on this project as I use it on all the layers and ribbon, too.

Well, that was a fun night of altering. I have a bunch of card projects planned for the next few nights...stay tuned for those.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Great job, Julie! I am sure he loves it :0)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Julie. What an awesome gift; I'm sure Jim loves it.

Ila said...

Fabulous!...love the papers you used...what a great idea for a masculine gift!