Monday, August 27, 2007

Fun day at the beach

It as so hot and humid here yesterday that we decided to seek some refuge at the beach, so we headed over to a nearby beach and enjoyed a couple of hours of playing in the sand and water. The girls always have so much fun there and come home with lots of little shells and rocks...it wouldn't be an outing if we didn't come home with a pocketful of rocks, now would it? lol :) Does everyone else out there have to check their little girls pockets before doing laundry to make sure they're not about to wash any rocks along with their clothes? I thought just little boys did that, but apparently not!

Here are a few pics of our afternoon at Rainbow Haven Beach.

I got a kick out of this first pic, Alexandria was saying, "Oooh, that water is cold!" I think the water was only about 14C, although the air temp was +27C but extremely humid.

My sweet Alexandria...with that grin like she's up to something!

My long-haired sweetie, Natalia. Running back with more water for her sandcastle. I can hear her yelling, "I got more waaa-der, Mama!" lol :)
The girls had so much fun playing in the surf in this pic. We were careful to watch them though, Jim was standing there close to make sure they didn't stray out too far. The surf actually came in at the end of our visit and knocked them both down. There is an undertow out a little bit further, so we just wanted them playing at the edge of the water.

This is my hubby, Jim having a laugh over something.

This is yours truly guarding all the row that we brought. lol :) I had a bit of sand blowing in my eyes, there...
I bought a couple of clocks yesterday at Wal-Mart before we headed to the beach, so I have to get busy and alter those this week. One is for my Dad for his upcoming birthday and the other is for a wedding gift to go along with our cash gift. I'm one of those people that doesn't like just giving cash. I'd rather them be able to have something that they can remember as having got as a gift a few years down the road. These will be the first clocks that I've altered, so wish me luck! lol :) I'll post before and after pics of the clocks as soon as I finish them.

Well, we're off to the park. Enjoy your day!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Looks like fun!! Lets see today? Rain and 8 degrees!! I'll trade ya. :0)

NormaJ said...

Our day started overcast and cool,
but it ended in sunshine and a perfect day to take the kids to the
beach. Their mum bought them sandcastle buckets to play in the sand, so she covered both the water angle, or the beach angle.
You look like your day was funfilled.