Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Not so nice cards to make


I was speaking to my good friend, Catherine and she told me that her uncle just passed away last night after a battle with Cancer. This is a very hard time for her as she was very close with him, but she's glad that he's not suffering anymore. As much as we don't like to see them go, we'd rather them be at peace than be here and suffering.

I found this Native American proverb a few years ago when my friend passed away from Breast Cancer and I was looking for a saying to use in a card to her husband. I think it's a lovely saying that I now use in all my sympathy cards.

They are
not gone
who live on
in the hearts
of others.
~Native American Proverb

Please take a moment to remember all your loved ones that have passed on and may they all live on in our hearts through fond memories.

Thanks for stopping by.

**Update**: I forgot to add what stamps were used in this card and Catherine was asking about it, so I thought I would just add on to this post to tell you all.

With Sympathy sentiment - ANM (All Night Media), bought second hand, not sure of the name of the set, it's just mixed greetings.
Flower - Hero Arts - Poetic Prints, Petal Etchings stamp set
Paisley - SU Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set
Flower Stem - SU Doodle This stamp set
Flower background - SU Floral background stamp

I used my last piece of the mystery Mellow Moss card stock for the base and stamped the paisley on it using SU Mellow Moss ink. Cream cs for the floral background piece at the top of the card, stamped using SU Elegant Eggplant ink. I attached the sheer black ribbon from Michaels to the cream tucking the edges in behind. Stamped the sentiment on the bottom using SU Elegant Eggplant and also used this ink for the flower on the white cs. For the stem, I used SU Mellow Moss. I matted this layer onto purple cs from Michaels and wrapped another piece of sheer black ribbon on and tied it in the front in a square knot.

I think that's the most stamp sets I've ever used for one card. So, there's all the stamp info for this card in case I used a stamp that you weren't familiar with.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Ila said...

This is a Beutiful! card Julie. Your right these cards are though not so pleasant to make. I love the proverb you found. I am always at a loss of what to put in the inside sympathy cards..so I am going to borrow it...TFS

Selena said...

Beautiful card!

brochure printing said...

Very beautiful card Julie. I love these cards and I am going to borrow it. Good job!