Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm officially crazy in the head...

Yup, I think I'm officially crazy in the head...well, something in the head, anyway! You see, I've had a bit of an eventful week. My husband is the first to tell anyone that I'm very clumsy. Well, I guess it took it's toll on Sunday night, I've been a bit dizzy lately (apparently with some inner ear thing) but while having one of these dizzy spells, I fell into the door frame and whacked my head pretty hard. I booked an appointment with my family doctor, but she's on vacation and the soonest that one of her colleagues could see me was today. I opted to go to Emerg last night instead as I was suffering terribly from a headache that wouldn't go away and terrible pain going up the back of my neck. Turns out after a series of tests, including a CT Scan, that I have a mild concussion. Serves me right for being such a clutz, I guess! lol :) Anyway, I'm actually starting to feel much better after getting some meds for the pain in my head and neck. Now, I just need to rest.

But, the funny thing is that I was feeling really bummed that I couldn't go to my friend, Kelly's Stampin' Up! party tonight, mostly cause Jim's duty on the ship tonight and I didn't have a sitter, but also cause I should be resting. The thing is, I don't know how to rest! So, to make myself feel better, I made a card with some beautiful new patterned paper that I got a while back when Michaels had a big sale on. Three sheets of 12" x 12" patterned paper for $1. Can we say "Screamin' deal!" Yeah, I got just a few sheets... lol :)

For tonights card, I used teal Bazzill cardstock, Cuttlebugged it with my D'vine Swirls embossing folder. The double-sided patterned paper is by My Minds Eye - Bohemia - Bluebird "All Boy" Dragonfly/Blue. Wow, that's a mouthful! The beautiful dragonfly was actually part of this gorgeous paper. I just cut it out and used a couple of 1/8" dimensional squares to adhere it to my card. All the pp is from the same sheet, using both of the coordinating sides of the paper.

The word 'wish' is from the SU Small Script stamp set and was stamped using Delta Rubber Stampede - Coffee Bean pigment ink. I punched it out using my SU Word Window punch.

Ok, so it's 11:20 PM, and I'm gonna be some what of a good girl and go to bed and get my rest... now that I have some card making out of my system! We are addicts, aren't we? lol :)

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful card, Julie! I sure hope you are feeling much better tomorrow. You make sure that you behave and rest up! And that's an order missy!! :0)

Shannon Tompkins said...

Great card, Julie! I hope you get your rest and are feeling better. I am also a huge klutzy so I can relate however I've never needed any head scans!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Rest up and get well. Sorry to hear that you couldn't go to the stampin' party.

Your card is very creative. Thanks for sharing it.

:-)

Ila said...

Lovely Card Julie! I know what you mean by an addict...I have a tendency to stay up at night making cards too....when I should be sleeping.
Take Care...Hope your feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing Julie! I always said that I was a klutz...but I think you have me beat! LOL...anyway, take it easy and get some rest.

NormaJ said...

Love what you have done with your card, Julie. Hey, bad way to do it,but maybe the bump on your head opened up a whole new creative side to you. What a blast, eh?
But I do hope you feel better after some rest and the dizzy thing disappears. Someone is telling you to slow down, girl.
Yah, look who's talking - the one
am stamper.

QuiltNut Creations said...

ouch Julie! hope you are feeling better now!

love the card-that dragonfly is lovely