Thursday, August 2, 2007

Baroque Motifs Cherish

I got to play again tonight with my SU Baroque Motifs set. Is there anyone out there that doesn't just love love love this set? Can you tell I love it? lol :)

I started out with a base of Chocolate Chip Bazzill card stock. Then, I layered a piece of what I thought was SU Mellow Moss cardstock, but apparently it's Not! That's the problem with buying card stock all over the place... it's hard to figure out later where each piece is from. With my bad lighting, I thought that it was SU Mellow Moss. Oh well close enough, I guess. (I wish I had an OTT light... maybe for Xmas.) Anyway, on this layer, I randomly stamped the gorgeous Baroque Motifs flourishes in SU Chocolate Chip ink and then roughed up the edges with my scissors.

Next, I added to strips of chocolate chip coloured grosgrain ribbon from Michaels. Centered on top of those strips is a strip of Mellow Moss coloured grosgrain ribbon that was also from Michaels.

Then, I cut out another piece of Chocolate Chip Bazzill card stock for the base of my flower image. I roughed up the edges again. To this I added a layer of cream coloured card stock to which I stamped the medallion stamp in SU Mellow Moss ink at the top and 'cherish' in SU Chocolate Chip ink at the base. I stamped the large flower on a piece of chocolate chip Bazzill card stock using SU Black ink and cut it out. I stamped the large flower again on another piece of cream card stock and cut it out without the outer dots so that the layer beneath would poke through. Lastly, I stamped the small flower in chocolate chip and cut it out as well. I hate to admit it, but I'm actually starting to enjoy cutting out flowers...yeah, forget I said that, I'm changing my mind...I'd still rather have a punch for everything! lol :)

I added an antique copper brad to the centre of the small flower and after gluing each piece of the flower together, I attached it with a 1/8" dimensional square. I added 3 more antique copper brads to the base of the chocolate chip card stock below the 'cherish.'

Whew, that's it! I'm caught up with my tags and tonights card is posted. I'm off to bed.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Risa said...

Great card, I think that everyone loves that stamp....I know that I do!
Malieta:)

Ila said...

OOh Beautiful!! Love the way you've layered the flower...lovely!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS - I LOVE this set...