Monday, August 6, 2007

I made myself a Day Timer...

For those of you that know me well, I have very good intentions and would do most anything to help out a friend, but I have absolutely no memory. I had a wonderful memory before I had my daughters and I used to take pride in the fact that I could remember all sorts of things... but not anymore! It's very frustrating, and I hope that one day my memory will return, but for now I've decided to try the whole day planner idea again. I've tried this several times, but never really had a nice day planner. Maybe that's why I didn't use it, I dunno! But, I figured that if perhaps I made a pretty one that I'd like to take out and use all the time, maybe, just maybe, I'd actually use it! lol :)

So, this is what I came up with tonight. I bought a pocket day planner at the Dollar Store and took it out of it's plastic sleeve. I used some girly looking patterned paper by Three Bugs in a Rug - Tickled Pink - Inspire pattern. The entire piece of patterned paper is all one sheet, even the scalloped design at the top. I love this paper. So pretty. I added strips of grosgrain ribbon from Micheals to fancy up the top and bottom and then stamped the SU saying 'Delight in Life' in black onto white glossy card stock. I used my Creative Memories Oval Cutting System to cut out the saying and then proceeded to cut the mat layers using SU Green Galore, Bazill Dusty Rose and SU Ballet Blue.

Wish me luck on my new attempt to stay up to date on things and to keep my 'To Do List' in check! I can use all the help I can get! lol :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Ila said...

This is a lovely planner...so Gorgeous!
Good luck with the memory coming back...I don't think mine did. My mother used to say...."It's just that you have so much on your mind right now"....yup that's me..lol..guess I still got a lot on my mind.

Nancy said...

I gave up on teh day timer as I had to REMEMBER to carry it around with me!

Instead, I use Google Calendar... tied in with my Gmail account (which is free)... I can log into my Gmail account anywhere and see my Google Calendar as well. Somehow we have it that I share my calendar with my DH so he can see what's up too.