Monday, August 6, 2007

Altered Small Clipboard

This is the before pic to show you who makes this cute little clipboard. It measures 4" x 6".

Tonight I decided to alter a small clipboard that I got a while ago from Michaels. I got a great deal on it, it was on clearance for only $3. :) I seem to keep placing my sticky note pad in my craft room in different places so I thought this might be a great little idea to keep in somewhere where I'd always be able to find it.

I used Urban Couture - Pashmina patterned paper to which I used my SU Baroque Motifs flourishes to accent it. I added 'a little note' at the bottom from my Studio G clear stamps from Michaels using Coffee Bean pigment ink by Rubber Stampede. I used the same ink to add the little flower beside the saying from the same set of clear stamps.

I used my corner rounder for the edges and carefully cut the top to get around the clip...easier said than done...then I added double sided sticky tape to the back of the paper and tried my best to align it on each side. I added the sticky note pas and voila, I'm in business! lol :)

My brother and his wife came for a visit tonight after I got the girls down to sleep, they had a full day and were pretty tired and went right to sleep which was nice. It was nice for Jim and I to be able to chat with them without having to referee the kids. lol :) The left about 11 PM and I watched TV for an hour when I got the itch to go in my stamp room at midnight. Back to my old ways! Oh well, this was a quick project but I kinda like how it turned out. Now I just need to decide where to hang it. That will have to wait til the morning...not now at 1:30 AM!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the clipboard Julit; you are so good at these "altered projects". I may have to try doing one myself one of these days.

Anonymous said...

great chipboard-----that'll do just fine at my home!![just kidding
I llllluuuuuuvvv your blog; whether it's cards, or whatever. You go girl, with the talent.
Susan Mac Donald