Thursday, August 2, 2007

Another Baroque Motifs card

Update: My Goodness, I just realized that I never gave credit to this design...or most parts of it. I loved a joy-fold card that Beate Johns did for one of her stamp camps, but instead of making it into a joy-fold card, I went with a standard A2 style card. Here's the link to Beate's card. I actually like the background of her flower better with the orange rather than the stark white that I used. Anyway, I just wanted to give her credit. Beate is such a wonderful artist, a total inspiration and such a sweet person.

I love playing around with this set...but I will try to give it a break for a little bit and try using another set for my next card. lol :)

For this card, I chose some of my favourite colours for card stock. Amoung them are wine (Michaels), chocolate chip (Bazzill), Mystery Mellow Moss (can't remember where I got this from), burnt umber (textured - can't remember where I got this from either). I started out with the wine base for the card, to which I used a sea sponge to do the edging in SU Chocolate Chip ink and added the small flowers in SU Baroque Burgundy ink. To this, I added the Burnt Umber (orange) layer to which I also edged in SU Chocolate Chip ink. I then randomly stamped the large flower and the small flowers (from SU Baroque Motifs) in SU Pumpkin Pie ink. From there, I cut out a piece of Chocolate chip card stock and added a piece of Mellow Moss to go on top. I stamped the Baroque Motifs flourishes and small flowers on this layer in SU Mellow Moss ink and also edged it again in SU Chocolate Chip ink. The word 'cherish' was stamped in SU Chocolate Chip ink.

I used my SU Word Window punch to make the little buckles and added Making Memories antique copper brads. Now, I attached them to the Mellow Moss, folding the extra in behind. Lastly, the flowers, I stamped those onto white card stock in SU Baroque Burgundy ink and the small flower centre was done in SU Chocolate Chip ink. I left the outer dots on one flower and the flower on top was cut without the dot border so that the other flower would poke through. I added another MM antique copper brad to the centre and adhered it to the card with a 1/8" dimensional square.

Now, I will sadly put my Baroque Motifs set aside for a little while and use some other sets...but it will make a re-appearance soon!

I'm gonna call it a day now and turn in early for a change. Thanks for stopping by! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Julie - I absolutely LOVE the colors!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I really like the flourish too! I like your use of the word window punch, Julie!

Tracy.H said...

Love this one, Julie! Might have to case this one myself ;0)

QuiltNut Creations said...

i love this set-gorgeous card