Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Birthday Card for my Dad

This is the card that I came up with tonight for my Dad for his 70th birthday. I always have trouble coming up with masculine themed cards, but I wanted to use the SU Artifacts set again, to go along with the altered clock that I made him, and I'm happy with the way it turned out.

This card went together quite quickly as I'd already made one using this layout before, so I just took all the measurements so once I finally decided what papers to use, all I had to do was make some quick cuts and then ink them up. I used Coffee Bean pigment ink by Delta - Rubber Stampede and SU Cranberry Crisp ink for the clock image and the Happy Birthday. I also edged all the pieces with the Coffee Bean ink and distressed the papers a bit with it, as well.

I used chocolate chip Bazzill cardstock and used three different styles of patterned paper. The red tone paper is a double-sided paper by Chatterbox Inc. - Scrapbook Walls - Scarlet Rec Daisy. The brown distressed paper is also a double-sided paper from the SU Spring Flowers collection. The taupe piece is the same that I used on the clock, a double-sided paper from My Minds Eye - Signature Suite - 'Family Roots" Defining a Family/Taupe.

For the tabs, I used my SU Word Window punch and added Antique Brass brads to them. The 'Happy Birthday' is a clear stamp is from Impression Obsession Stamps.

I'll post the pic of the wedding gift tomorrow, my eyes are getting a bit squirrelly for tonight...I think it's bedtime for me now!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome...I so want to CASE (esp. since I never have ideas for this set!).

Ila said...

Fabulous! you've come up with a great masculine card..He'll love it!

Corie said...

GREAT guy card -- they are always the most difficult.