Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baroque Motifs with some Bling


I know I promised that I 'd take a break from this set, but I absolutely love playing with it...I can't help myself! lol :)

I spotted a card that Alli Miles made on her blog and I had to try one of my own with a few changes. I really like the white outline of the medallion stamp from the Baroque Motifs set on the gold card stock. I did feel like I was starting to go a bit cross-eyed doing all the outlines, though! lol :) Other card stock colours and inks included: SU Bashful Blue, Barely Banana and Ruby Red along with Black and White.

A couple of the girls came over to stamp with me tonight and Kim brought with her a few packs of Swarovski Crystals in assorted colours that I got her to pick up for me. They were on sale for $1 a package, down from $6.69 a package! What a screamin' deal! I've wanted some for a while, but I couldn't justify spending the regular price for them...I knew there was a reason I waited! :) Thanks again so much, Kim, for all the goodies! :) I love the bit of bling added to the centres of the flowers. I'm thinking I may need to take a run back to Michaels, too! (Note to self... maintain self control...)

I came up with an idea on how to do the scalloped edge...I think the girls got a bit of a kick out of me on this one! I'll share that with you tomorrow. For the Ruby Red circle layer on top of the black scalloped circle, I used my round Creative Memories Cutting System. To finish off the card, I added a piece of black and white Gingham ribbon and tied it a square knot.

Well, these eyes are getting very sleepy and I need to call it a day. Thanks for stopping by! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful card!

NormaJ said...

Ooo - this card is rich. Such
powerful colours. It grabs my attention.

Anonymous said...

HI Julie,

Did you use the SU slot punch to make the scalloped edge? I don't have the ticket punch yet, so I use my slot punch to make the same corner punches.

Unknown said...

love the crystals! and here I thought I was going to be able to make it a whole week without a Michael's purchase :) Very pretty!!

Selena said...

Lovely card!