Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bloom Dots and Flowers


I had a lot of fun with this card tonight. The idea for this card was brewing in my head all day, I knew I wanted to make it a bright, fun card and I think I was successful. :)

I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the base of the card and the orange card stock layer using my 'Bloom Dots' folder. I freehand cut the photo corners...wish I had that punch! I added antique brass brads to the corners and reversible Michaels ribbons tabs to the bottom. All the stamps used were from various Studio G clear sets of stamps from Michaels. I stamped them using black StazOn ink and I coloured the flowers in with my Staedtler gel pens. The 'thoughts of you' was stamped on a SU Round Tab punch that I cut in half. I sponged the edges of the white layer with SU Rose Red ink.

Well, it's been a busy day and the morning is gonna come early, so I'm callin' it a day.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Ila said...

Wow!! This is a really Adorable card. I love the colors, background and flowers. I see you used Stazon with the studio G stamps...it looks great (a nice clean stamp)....I'll have to try using it too.
Have a Great Day Julie!

Selena said...

This is realky great, Love those flowers!