Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A nice night out with friends

I went to a Victorian Epicure Selections party tonight. YUMMMMMMY! This has become a new addiction for me, their spices are sooooo good and good for you, too. No salt which is wonderful, they're natural and very flavourful. At least Jim can get in on this addiction as he loves to eat the food that I cook! lol :)

If you haven't tried these herbs and spices and dip mixes, you should find yourself a rep in your area. They really are great. They also have tonnes of other things, including very high quality cookware. You can check them out at the link above.

Here are some of my favourites:

Roasted Red Pepper Dip Mix - I love it! It makes an awesome veggie dip but is also fabulous in soups or sauces to give it some punch.

Minced Garlic - Need I say more...it's this a general staple in any kitchen! lol :) Seriously, it's lightly toasted and ready to throw into a dish whenever you need it.

Jamaican Jerk Seasoning - Simply amazing on BBQ'd pork or mixed up with a little non-fat mayo with cooked, chopped chicken to make a delicious chicken salad sandwich. I'm drooling...

Pesto Herb Mix - Makes an wonderful Pesto when added to some pine nuts and Parmesan cheese and olive oil, or excellent as well when added to any Italian Dish.

Guacamole Dip Mix - Ohhhh, yummy! Awesome with avacado amd sour cream as a traditional dip or wonderful as well as a much lower fat version with just non-fat sour cream and non-fat mayo.

Fruit Salsa Mix - Absolutely Delish! Just enough kick and so tasty with tortilla chips. a great treat!

Red Garlic Sansel - an excellent alternative to using salt on your prepared meals. Great on Mashed potatoes and veggies. :)

3 Onion Dip Mix - A great dip, but I love using this when I make pot roast in the slow cooker instead of using those other packaged onion soup mixes that have sooo much salt in them.

Beef & Steak Rub - Like Montreal Steak Spice...minus the salt. Great to use as a rub on steak, or in hamburgers or sprinkled on chopped potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and baked inteh oven. Can we say Brunch with a slice of Quiche or an Omelet. Yup, I'm drooling again! lol :)

Pueblo Bean Dip Mix - This is so yummy. I don't own this one, cause I'm allergic to cumin (which it contains) but I tried this tonight...just a wee little bit and it's to die for! You've gotta try it!

Summer Berry Fruit Dip Mix - Yum, Yum,Yum! Delish with fresh fruit, my fav is with pineapple and strawberries.

OK, those are my favourite selections! If you've tried these products, I'd love to hear what your favourites are or if you have any recipes to share, I'd love to see those, too! :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So am I allowed to say that I am your 'spice representative'????!!!!and they can contact me if they want to have a party or get a catalog??? If it is not allowed you can delete my mesage!!

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Kelly,

LOL :) Of course you can! You know you've got me addicted, though, eh? I guess you're returning the favour of me introducing you to card making! lol :) But, I'm sure our hubby's love us for it!

Hugs,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was looking for info and recipes for Victorian Epicure and I stumbled upon this lovely blog of yours! My sister gave me a whole bunch of Victorian Epicure spices a few months ago and I am absolutely hooked! I cannot cook without them now! My kids absolutely love the dips and my hubby is all over it because it allows him to pull off some delicious meals.

My favorite definitely has to be either Jamaican Jerk or the Greek spice!

All the best to you and your family this holiday season!

Josephine